The Pittsburgh Steelers finished their OTAs last week and will be set for their mandatory minicamp starting on Tuesday. For some, this step in the process will be important, as the staff is working on depth charts and the front office is weighing extensions.Troy Polamalu, who will get in some reps with free agent signee Mike Mitchell. While Mitchell has been training in Pittsburgh, Polamalu has been working out on his own.
There will also be some position battles that will start garnering more attention this week. Stephon Tuitt will likely see more reps with the ones, as will Markus Wheaton and possibly even Justin Brown. That battle at wide receiver could be one of the better throughout camp and preseason, and it is definitely one that all fans should pay attention to.
While he will not likely start, it will be interesting to see where and how rookie running back / wide receiver Dri Archer lines up. At this point, he will likely be all over the field on offense and on special teams. With his speed and experience in the return game at the college level, he will likely be penciled in those areas from day one.
- Pittsburgh Steelers Re-sign Guy Whimper; Prepare to Meet Lance Moore
- Pittsburgh Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert Confident Team Will Easily Open Salary Cap Space
- Pittsburgh Steelers Reportedly Open Cap Space by Reworking Tight Heath Miller’s Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Return to the Field for OTAs with Ike Taylor Back at the Facility
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Carolina Panthers Free Safety Mike Mitchell
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c46