One day after the Pittsburgh Steelers extended the contract of center Maukice Pouncey, the team reached a contract agreement with one of their two remaining unsigned draft choices: Dri Archer. At this point, no specific details of the four-year contract have been released.Dexter McCluster.
Although he is small, he does play a physical game and will not shy away from contact. Good hands, he looks the part of an explosive slot receiver that can take the top off the defense. Of course, he will have to stay healthy and demonstrate the ability to take the pounding in the NFL. On top of the obvious size limitations and questions, he also has some performance questions coming from a smaller school and conference. He will also have to adjust to a position change of sorts, as he was a running back in college and will not likely be able to withstand the punishment from running between the tackles in the NFL.
With Archer now under contract, the Steelers can turn their attention to second round pick Stephon Tuitt, their only remaining unsigned rookie.
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Fourth Round Pick Martavis Bryant to a Four-Year Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign First Round Pick Ryan Shazier to a Four-Year Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Select Kent State Running Back / Wide Receiver Dri Archer in the Third Round of the NFL Draft
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Running Back LeGarrette Blount to a Two-Year Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Two Draft Picks to Four-Year Contracts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c0s