While much of the city was caught up in Polanco Mania, as the Pittsburgh Pirates called up prized prospect Gregory Polanco to make his major league debut, the Pittsburgh Steelers were back at OTAs. In fact, the team was just across the parking lot on Tuesday taking reps at Heinz Field for the first time in 2014.training camp. In all, the team will spend 23-days at Saint Vincent College, with 15 public practices including two installments of the always popular night practices. The Steelers will also have two joint practice sessions with the Buffalo Bills.
The team will report to camp on July 25, and have their first two public sessions on July 26-27, with both practices taking place without pads (per the CBA). The first public practice on July 26 will begin at 3 p.m. The first night practice often referred to, as “Friday Night Lights” will take place starting at 7 p.m. on Friday, August 1 at Memorial Stadium in Latrobe. Fans should plan to arrive early to grab an autograph from some of their favorite Steelers, as an official autograph session will precede the session. The final public practice will begin on Wednesday, August 14 at 5:30 p.m. at Saint Vincent.
The Steelers will break training camp on August 16 after hosting the Bills in their second preseason contest of 2014.
- NFL Releases the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 2014 Preseason Schedule
- NFL Releases the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 2014 Regular Season Schedule
- Breaking Down the Quarterback Position for the 2014 Pittsburgh Steelers Roster
- Pittsburgh Steelers Awarded Three Compensation Selections in the 2014 NFL Draft
- Breaking Down the Tight End Position for the 2014 Pittsburgh Steelers Roster
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bx3