The Pittsburgh Steelers were back at OTAs on Monday, however they focused on team building instead of drills by venturing to Dan & Busters for an afternoon of fun and bonding. One player that was celebrating was rookie fourth round pick wide receiver Martavis Bryant, who inked his four-year deal during the day.
Not overly experienced, with only one-year of starting experience at Clemson, playing behind first-round wide outs Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins (Houston Texans – 2013) and is still refining his route running abilities. At this point, he is more of a deep threat than well-rounded receiver. Solid athleticism with somewhat inconsistent hands, he suffers from too many focus drops and must improve that part of his game. He could also stand to get in the weight room and add some physicality to his 6-4, 212-pound frame
With Bryant in the fold, only defensive end Stephon Tuitt and running back/wide receiver Dri Archer remain unsigned at this point; a situation that will likely end this week as the team prepares to finish OTAs and for their mandatory minicamp. The Steelers will finish OTAs on Thursday before starting the three-day minicamp next week.
- Pittsburgh Steelers Select Clemson Wide Receiver Martavis Bryant in the Fourth Round of the NFL Draft
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign First Round Pick Ryan Shazier to a Four-Year Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Pre-Draft Visitor Clemson Wide Receiver Martavis Bryant
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Running Back LeGarrette Blount to a Two-Year Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Wide Receiver Danny Coale to a Reserve/Futures Contract
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bvx