On Saturday, the Pittsburgh Steelers continued through their rookie minicamp. While some players were taking part fourth round selection Martavis Bryant was on the sideline after suffering a minor injury on Friday. With none of the draft choices signed, the Steelers (and other NFL franchises) will be extremely cautious with unsigned players.East Carolina offensive guard Will Simmons, an undrafted rookie free agent. Of the three undrafted rookie linemen to sign with the team, Simmons may have the best shot of surprising.
At 6-5, 342-pounds, Simmons already has the size to be successful in the league. An experienced tackle, he is powerful and has a solid frame to anchor in pass protection. Unfortunately, he has shown a lack of consistency in the run game, which definitely hurt his draft stock.
With all rookie linemen facing a tough road in 2014, it is unclear how many have a legitimate shot at making the roster. This will definitely be an interesting position battle to watch training camp comes around.
Stanford cornerback / safety Devon Carrington (Profile 5/15)
Youngstown State offensive guard Chris Elkins (Profile 5/16)
Wisconsin defensive end Ethan Hemer
Stanford defensive end Josh Mauro
Louisville defensive end Roy Philon
Shepherd outside linebacker Howard Jones
Missouri tight end Eric Waters
Cincinnati quarterback Brendon Kay
- Pittsburgh Steelers Undrafted Rookie Free Agent Profile: UAB Offensive Tackle Kaycee Ike
- Pittsburgh Steelers Undrafted Rookie Free Agent Profile: Youngstown State Offensive Guard Chris Elkins
- Pittsburgh Steelers Undrafted Rookie Free Agent Profile: Stanford Cornerback / Safety Devon Carrington
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign 10 Undrafted Rookie Free Agents
- Pittsburgh Steelers Potential Free Agent Nose Tackle Targets
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b40