The Pittsburgh Steelers started day three of the NFL Draft by adding a tall wide receiver with speed in Clemson receiver Martavis Bryant. With their first fifth round selection, they turned back to their defense and added a cornerback that had visited the team during the pre-draft process.Shaquille Richardson from Arizona is an interesting prospect. While Richardson is not as accomplished as top end of this draft class, he watched his stock rise after a solid week at the Senior Bowl.
The 6-1, 188-pound cornerback appeared to take a huge step forward during that week, and definitely sent evaluators back to their game tapes. Robinson, who was not invited to the NFL Combine, has an intriguing size/speed combination, although it did not appear to transfer to the field during his college career.
He added to his solid Senior Bowl performance with an exceptional Pro Day. During his workout, he ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash, recorded a 38 1/2-inch vertical, and completed 14 reps at 225. He also performed well in position drills showing solid agility and quickness.
With the Steelers needing to add depth to the secondary, Richardson may not be the only defensive back brought into the fold during the draft. The team now has four picks remaining on day three and has again added speed and flexibility to the roster.
- Pittsburgh Steelers to Meet with Cornerback Prospect Shaquille Richardson
- Pittsburgh Steelers Select Clemson Wide Receiver Martavis Bryant in the Fourth Round of the NFL Draft
- Pittsburgh Steelers Select Notre Dame Defensive End Stephon Tuitt in the Second Round of the NFL Draft
- Pittsburgh Steelers Select Kent State Running Back / Wide Receiver Dri Archer in the Third Round of the NFL Draft
- Pittsburgh Steelers to Have a Pre-Draft Visit with Michigan State Cornerback Darqueze Dennard
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1avt