As fans continue to come to terms with the selection of linebacker Ryan Shazier in the first round, the NFL Draft continues. As fans watch tape, they see Shazier as a playmaker and a player that can make an impact. While that is happening, the Steelers continue to rebuild their defense on day two of the NFL Draft.Notre Dame defensive end Stephon Tuitt. Prior to 2013, Tuitt was viewed as a potential top-15 talent and could be a steal in the second round.
Tuitt is an intriguing prospect with tremendous upside with scheme / position flexibility. At 6-6, 304-pounds, he is athletic enough to provide some quickness off the edge, while demonstrating the power required to anchor against the run. He does come with questions though as his in-game performance dipped in 2013 after a dominating 2012 season. Some of that could be lingering effects from hernia surgery during the 2012 offseason, which forced him into camp out of shape. However, between that and the foot injury, medical checks will play a huge role in his eventual landing spot.
With this selection, the Steelers should look at cornerback or wide receiver with their third round selection.
- Pittsburgh Steelers Pre-Draft Visitor Notre Dame Defensive End Stephon Tuitt
- Could Notre Dame Nose Tackle Louis Nix III Be the Anchor the Pittsburgh Steelers are Searching For?
- Pittsburgh Steelers Select Ohio State Outside Linebacker Ryan Shazier at Number 15 in the NFL Draft
- Pittsburgh Steelers Pre-Draft Visitor Oregon State Defensive End Scott Crichton
- Pittsburgh Steelers Pre-Draft Visitor Texas Outside Linebacker/Defensive End Jackson Jeffcoat
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1auw