The Pittsburgh Steelers saw three prospects tour the teams practice facility on Thursday, all from the defensive side of the ball. Included in the list of the latest pre-draft visitors is at least one prospect that could be their first-round target. Those players were Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier, UCLA linebacker Jordan Zumwalt and Washington State safety Deone Bucannon.
The next player on our list to review was a teammate with Shazier at Ohio State, cornerback Bradley Roby. Yes, he may lack prototypical size (5-11, 192-pounds) he makes up for that with blazing speed (4.39 40-yard dash) and playing with an aggressive edge. More importantly, he has an innate feel for mirroring receivers in coverage. An experienced playmaker, he does play with a physical style in the running game, which compliments assertive coverage abilities. Unfortunately, because of his size and hard-hitting styles, Roby has suffered through a string of nagging injuries over the past two seasons.
Roby is an intriguing prospect and one that could fit into the Steelers plans in the first round. Experienced in off-man coverage, he has the look of a player that could step in sooner than later. It would not be a surprise to see his name on the commissioners card early in the draft.
Arizona cornerback Shaquille Richardson (Profile 3/28)
Michigan State cornerback Darqueze Dennard (Profile 3/29)
TCU cornerback Jason Verrett (Profile 4/6)
Mississippi wide receiver Dante Moncrief (Profile 4/3)
Baylor running back Lache Seastrunk (Profile 4/1)
- Pittsburgh Steelers Pre-Draft Visitor TCU Cornerback Jason Verrett
- Pittsburgh Steelers to Have a Pre-Draft Visit with Michigan State Cornerback Darqueze Dennard
- Pittsburgh Steelers Pre-Draft Visitor Louisville Free Safety Calvin Pryor
- Pittsburgh Steelers Pre-Draft Visitor Minnesota Safety Brock Vereen
- Oklahoma State Cornerback Justin Gilbert Could Catch the Pittsburgh Steelers Eye at Number 15
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1a1p