On Friday, Steelers 101 was invited to swing by The Rundown (rundown13.com) for the first of what should be a few pre and post draft conversations focusing on the Pittsburgh Steelers. During the interview, many different subjects came up, with the biggest being the overall need of depth across the roster.
On top of the draft, there was a general discussion about the roster and s few players that may or may not return. As the league enters the three-day legal tampering period, where deals can be brokered but not signed, some interesting rumors come out.
One rumor and one such player is wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, whose free agent destination could impact the Steelers draft philosophy. On Saturday, there was a report that the Detroit Lions were interested in his services, the team that is also rumored to be linked to Texas A&M wide out Mike Evans as a first round target. If they would ink Sanders, Evans could potentially fall a couple spots to the Steelers. It is a foregone conclusion that Sanders will depart, the major question is where he will end up.
Another rumor that surfaced Saturday was a bit more farfetched, linking the Steelers to Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley. While Finley is an electric athlete and dynamic receiver, his injury status may scare teams away, especially considering he has not officially been cleared from the spinal fusion surgery that cost him the majority of the 2013 season. With so many needs and limited salary cap space, it would be to hard to imagine the Steelers taking on such a risk.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Detroit Lions, Emmanuel Sanders, Football, Green Bay Packers, Jermichael Finley, Mike Evans, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers, rundown13.com
- Texas A&M Wide Receiver Mike Evans Could Interest the Pittsburgh Steelers Early in the NFL Draft
- Could the Pittsburgh Steelers Target Kelvin Benjamin Early in the NFL Draft?
- ESPN Draft Guru Mel Kiper Has the Pittsburgh Steelers Selecting a Nose Tackle in Round One
- 2014 NFL Draft One of the Deepest in Decades
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/191a