The NFL Combine is in full swing and reports linking players to team meetings continue to be leaked. While much of the focus has shifted to the defensive side of the ball, the news of who the Pittsburgh Steelers have met with continues to be intriguing.
According to reports, the Steelers have met with Notre Dame nose tackle Louis Nix III, Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert, and North Carolina defensive end Kareem Martin. If those three, Martin would likely be the only prospect available after the teams number 15 selection. Nix and Gilbert are both projected to be the top prospects at the positions.
Martin is a hybrid end that appears to have the ability to play in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme. At 6-5 , 272 pounds, he is big enough to anchor against the run, as well as push the pocket from the edge. At this point, he is projected to be a second or third round selection, who could rise with solid offseason workouts.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Football, Justin Gilbert, Kareem Martin, Louis Nix, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Steelers Linked to Six More Prospects at the NFL Combine
- Pittsburgh Steelers Meet with Arizona Running Back Ka’Deem Carey at NFL Combine
- NFL Combine Set to Overtake the Focus for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Steelers GM Kevin Colbert Opens Combine by Meeting the Media
- Oklahoma State Cornerback Justin Gilbert Could Catch the Pittsburgh Steelers Eye at Number 15
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18lh