The NFL Combine is in full swing and reports linking players to team meetings start to trickle out. On Friday, news cake out that the Pittsburgh Steelers were getting with one if the top running backs in Ka'Deem Carey, Saturday word linked them to six more prospects.
While there is word the team would be interested in Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins, he will likely be long gone by number 15. According to reports, the team had met with Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, Penn State wide out Allen Robinson, and Mississippi receiver Dante Moncrief, as well as North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron. Word also came out that the team is high on Texas A&M receiver Mike Evans, although details of a potential meeting were not known.
Moncrief would appear to be a mid-round prospect, who at 6-2, 220-pounds would add some size. He is choking of a solid season in 2013, where he recorded 59 receptions for 938 yards and six touchdowns.
The Steelers also have meet with Oklahoma fullback / tight end Trey Millard, who is not participating in the combine as he recovers from an ACL injury. The two-time team captain injured his knee in October and may not be ready until after the start of the season. Prior to the injury, he was considered a mid round prospect.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Allen Robinson, Dante Moncrief, Eric Ebron, Football, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Evans, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers, Trey Millard
- Pittsburgh Steelers Meet with Arizona Running Back Ka’Deem Carey at NFL Combine
- Pittsburgh Steelers GM Kevin Colbert Opens Combine by Meeting the Media
- NFL Combine Set to Overtake the Focus for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- A Quick Look at the 2014 Pittsburgh Steelers Team Needs
- Penn State Wide Receiver Allen Robinson Could Be Tall Wide-Out for Pittsburgh Steelers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18j8