The Pittsburgh Steelers continue to be active this off-season adding potential depth to their roster. On Tuesday, as talk a around the city focused on Kirby Wilson, the team quietly added another wide out to the mix.Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery unrestricted free agents, the Steelers could be searching for multiple players as they inch toward training camp. The latest addition is wide receiver Danny Coale, a former fifth-round selection of the Dallas Cowboys, who was signed to a Reserve//Futures contract.
Coale is an interesting prospect, who spent time on the Cowboys practice squad during his rookie season prior to injuring his knee in November 2012. Released by Dallas in September 2013, he did spend some time early in the 2013 campaign with the Indianapolis Colts. Once released by the Colts, he spent the majority of 2013 out of the league.
If healthy, the 6-0, 187-pound Coale could be an interesting possession receiver. During his college career, he put up solid numbers as a four-year starter at Virginia Tech. In all, recorded 165 receptions for 2,658 receiving yards and eight receiving touchdowns. To this point, Coale is the fifth wide receiver he team has signed to Reserve/Futures contracts in 2014.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Danny Coale, Emmanuel Sanders, Football, futures contracts, Jerricho Cotchery, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Two More to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Four to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Seven to Reserve / Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Fire Offensive Line Coach; Sign Two Players to Reserve/Futures Contracts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17jn