On Monday, much of the talk around the city of Pittsburgh continued to center on the loss of running backs coach Kirby Wilson in a lateral move to the Minnesota Vikings, the Pittsburgh Steelers were busy. While it was not inking a new coach, they were busy signing two more players to Reserve / Futures contracts.Tauren Poole, a 5-10, 210-pound running back from the University of Tennessee, has spent time with two NFL franchise since being signed as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2012 by the Carolina Panthers.
In all, he has spent his rookie season on injured reserve (ribs) with the Panthers, and time on the Panthers and Indianapolis Colts practice squads in 2013. Poole was joined on the roster by veteran linebacker Vic So'oto.
So’oto entered the league with the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted role free agent out of BYU in 2011. From there, the 6-3, 263-pound has traveled to give NFL cities, seeing action in a total of 13 games with the Packers, Oakland Raiders, and Arizona Cardinals, as well as spending time on the Washington Redskins and New Orleans Saints practice squads.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Football, futures contracts, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tauren Poole, Vic So'oto
- Pittsburgh Steelers Make Roster Moves After Three Key Players for the Season
- Are Players Battling for One or Two Wide Receiver Spots on the Final Pittsburgh Steelers Roster?
- Pittsburgh Steelers Fire Offensive Line Coach; Sign Two Players to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Four to Reserve/Futures Contracts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17f9