Less than a week since being announced as a candidate for the open Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator position, Pittsburgh Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson is on the move. While he is not the new coordinator in Baltimore, his new job does come as a bit of a surprise.Minnesota Vikings in a lateral move to be their running backs coach. For Wilson, the move came with the Steelers' blessing, as he did have one year remaining on his contact.
One of the few remaining members of Mike Tomlin's original staff, his departure now leaves Tomlin with another hole to fill on the offense. Just last week, the team hired Mike Munchak to become the new offensive line coach.
Wilson, who could possibly have been the Steelers offensive coordinator had he not suffered massive burns in a house fire in 2011, will now have a chance to work with one of the best running backs in the league. He will likely also have a hand in developing game plans, something he was was involved in with the Steelers.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Football, Kirby Wilson, Minnesota Vikings, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Baltimore Ravens to Interview Running Backs Coach Kirby Wilson for Offensive Coordinator Position
- Pittsburgh Steelers Inactive List for Their Week 4 Tilt Against the Minnesota Vikings
- Pittsburgh Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell and Cortez Allen May Return to Action Against the Minnesota Vikings
- Poor Tackling Helps Minnesota Vikings Defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers 34-27
- Minnesota Vikings to Start Matt Cassel Against the Pittsburgh Steelers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/174d