Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin made what could possibly be the most important hire of his tenure when he signed Mike Munchak to be the new offensive line coach. In the process, the team added one more former NFL head coach to their seasoned staff.offensive line coach and had coach with the Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans.
Munchak, who will be the fourth offensive line coach under Tomlin and the third in three years, will be tasked with developing their talented but young offensive line. Coming in with 14-years of offensive line coaching experience in multiple schemes should also allow for the unit gain some stability at the helm of the unit.
As the Steelers announced their hire, word came out of Baltimore that the team will hold a second interview with Steelers' running back coach Kirby Wilson for their vacant offensive coordinator opening. He will be joined by former Washington Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan with a follow-up meeting.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Football, Kirby Wilson, Mike Munchak, NFL, Offensive Line Coach, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Steelers Interview Mike Munchak for Their Offensive Line Coach Vacancy
- Will Senior Bowl Add Clarity to the Offensive Line Coach Search
- Pittsburgh Steelers Must Decide on Blocking Philosophy Before Hiring New Offensive Line Coach
- The Carolina Panthers Loss Could Help the Pittsburgh Steelers Find an Offensive Line Coach
- Could Mike Tomlin Be a Serious Candidate for Head Coach at the University of Texas, If the Job were to Open?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1713