The Pittsburgh Steelers have a lot of needs moving toward 2014 and very little salary cap room to deal with them. Plus, as fans know, signing free agents is not the Steeler Way. Instead, they will focus they attention on the NFL Draft.
The latest to cause a stir was the projections of ESPN Draft Guru Mel Kiper Jr. In his first mock draft of 2014, Kiper. Has the Steelers selecting Notre Dame nose tackle Louis Nix III. While this selection would make sense, as the team could use a run stuffer, with his athleticism, it is hard to imagine him being available at number 15.
With so many holes to fill, it is likely the Steelers go back to their best player available recipe that made them successful in the previous decade. If that is the case, one of the the big, impact wide receivers makes more sense than a nose tackle, although, if they do not re-sign Al Woods, they may be forced to draft for need.
At this point, we here at Steelers 101 are just finishing up their preliminary draft preps. Stay tuned for further updates and our detailed Steelers pre-draft and draft coverage.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: ESPN, Football, Louis Nix, Mel Kiper, NFL, NFL Draft, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Steelers Potential Free Agent Nose Tackle Targets
- Pittsburgh Steelers Must Continue Search for Offensive Line Depth, Newly Acquired Tackle Rashad Butler Leaves Team
- Pittsburgh Steelers Complete Trade for Offensive Tackle Levi Brown
- A Quick Look at the 2014 Pittsburgh Steelers Team Needs
- Projected Pittsburgh Steelers 53-Man Roster After Initial Round of Cuts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16sk