The Pittsburgh Steelers continued their active off-season on Friday by adding two more players to the roster. This time, the team signed a safety and a wide receiver to Reserve/Futures contacts.Jasper Collins or safety Jordan Dangerfield will make any type of impact for the Steelers in the future, fans should pay attention to their positions. Both wide receiver and safety are definitely positions to watch as the team moves forward.
With multiple free agents at wide out in Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery and a free agent safety Ryan Clark, the team may be forced to address those positions multiple times to find depth. With a tighter salary cap and limited draft choices, signings like these may be more important than usual.
The 5-10, 190-pound Collins is well traveled. He entered the league as a 2013 undrafted rookie free agent with the Miami Dolphins out of Mount Union. Waive injured in July, he spent time on the multiple practice squads (Cleveland Browns and Dolphins) during the 2013 season.
Unlike Collins Dangerfield did not spend time o on a practice squad in 2013. The 5-11, 199-pound safety was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Buffalo Bills out of Towson in May and was released at the end of training camp.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Emmanuel Sanders, Football, futures contracts, Jasper Collins, Jerricho Cotchery, Jordan Dangerfield, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers, Ryan Clark
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Four to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Seven to Reserve / Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Fire Offensive Line Coach; Sign Two Players to Reserve/Futures Contracts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16mc