Another season ends, another general manager position opens in the NFL, and again Pittsburgh Steelers director of football administration Omar Khan is a candidate. This season, it is the Miami Dolphins who have interest.
If the Steelers lose Khan, they would be losing their primary negotiator in a period of salary cap misery and tough decisions on the horizon. Although, they have been preparing for possibility, hiring Samir Suleiman in 2013 to assist Khan and familiarize himself with the organization.
Suleiman is an experienced negotiator and personnel guy. Prior to being hired by the Steelers, he spent 10 years in the St. Louis Rams front office.
Accordin to this same report, Khan is not the only person on the Dolphins RADAR. The organization has also reached out to the Arizona Cardinals to talk with vice president of player personnel Jason Licht and to the Steelers AFC North rivals the Cleveland Browns to interview assistant general manager Ray Farmer.
These three new candidates will join New York Giants vice president of player evaluation Marc Ross, Tennessee Titans vice president of personnel Lake Dawson, and Dolphins assistant general manager Brian Gaine as potential candidates for the job that opened when the organization posted ways with general manager Jeff Ireland.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Football, Miami Dolphins, NFL, Omar Khan, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Steelers Look to Bounce Back Against the Miami Dolphins
- Pittsburgh Steelers Center Cody Wallace Fined for Multiple Infractions Against the Miami Dolphins
- Pittsburgh Steelers President Art Rooney II Meets with the Media and Shares Some Interesting Thoughts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Must Decide on Blocking Philosophy Before Hiring New Offensive Line Coach
- Pittsburgh Steelers Need a Win and a Miracle to Keep Their Playoff Hopes Alive
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16l1