The Pittsburgh Steelers continue to be active in adding to their roster. On Tuesday, the front office ventured out in the frigid weather, and added four more players to the team with Reserve/Futures contracts.Devin Smith, who spent 2013 on and off the teams practice squad after a solid training camp where he recorded five tackles and one interception. The 5-11, 186-pound defensive back out of the University of Wisconsin, who originally signed as an undrafted free agent with the Dallas Cowboys, also spent time on the Miami Dolphins practice squad in 2013.
Joining Smith on the roster are linebacker Dan Molls, running back Miguel Maysonet and wide receiver Lanear Sampson. Molls, a 6-0, 238-pound linebacker out of Toledo, entered the league as an undrafted rookie free agent with the San Diego Chargers after the draft. He spent all of training camp with the Chargers and was one of their final cuts, but was not re-signed to their practice squad. .
That last part cannot be said about Maysonet, who is now signing seventh NFL team in the past year. The 5-10, 210-pound running back out of Stony Brook originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent with the Philadelphia Eagles in April. He was released and signed with the Cleveland Browns before training camp and was one of their final cuts. After camp, he found his way to the Washington Redskins, New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, and San Diego Chargers practice squads in 2013.
Joining Maysonet as an offensive addition is Sampson. The 5-11, 205-pound wide out from Baylor entered the NFL as an undrafted rookie free agent with the Colts after the draft. After his release, he signed with the Dallas Cowboys, where he spent the majority of 2013 on their practice squad.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Dan Molls, Devin Smith, Football, futures contracts, Lanear Sampson, Miguel Maysonet, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Steelers Fire Offensive Line Coach; Sign Two Players to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Seven to Reserve / Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Activate Tight End Matt Spaeth from Injured Reserve
- Pittsburgh Steelers Place Outside Linebacker LaMarr Woodley on Injured Reserve
- Pittsburgh Steelers Place Linebacker Sean Spence on Injured Reserve
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16gp