The Pittsburgh Steelers sit two days away from their season finale with the Cleveland Browns in a relatively healthy condition on the field, with only one player ruled out of action. Unfortunately, their playoff hopes are not in such good condition, needing a miracle and some luck to finally overcome the 0-4 start that appeared to doom their season.
On Friday, the Steelers released their final injury report and list only inside linebacker Terence Garvin (knee) out of the contest. Joining him on the list as questionable are wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (knee) and outside linebacker Jason Worilds (abdomen). Sanders practiced fully on Friday and is definitely expected to give it a go, with Worilds seeing limited action during the session.
With Garvin out and Worilds a question mark, the Steelers may look to promote Kion Wilson from the practice squad to provide added depth to the roster. Even with Jarvis Jones (probable / illness) expected to return, the team only has Chris Carter and Stevenson Sylvester as experienced depth for the contest. Worilds sat out both Wednesday and Thursday’s practice but returned on Friday in a limited capacity. Jones was a full-go all week and seems to have recovered enough from his early week illness.
Wide receiver could also pop up as a depth issue behind Sanders. Rookie wide out Markus Wheaton broke a finger against the Green bay Packers and is listed as probable. Joining him as probable for the week are offensive guard David DeCastro (back), safety Troy Polamalu, defensive end Brett Keisel (foot), and tight end Heath Miller.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Brett Keisel, Chris Carter, David DeCastro, Emmanuel Sanders, Football, Heath Miller, Jason Worilds, Kion Wilson, Markus Wheaton, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers, Stevenson Sylvester, Terence Garvin, Troy Polamalu
- Pittsburgh Steelers Could Have Emmanuel Sanders, Jarvis Jones and Jason Worilds on the Field Sunday
- Pittsburgh Steelers List Ramon Foster and Emmanuel Sanders Probable for Their Sunday Battle Against the Clleveland Browns
- NFL Fines Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker Terence Garvin for Hit on Kevin Huber
- Pittsburgh Steelers Place Tight End Matt Spaeth on Injured Reserve-Designated; Promote Linebacker Terence Garvin
- Jason Worilds Likely to Start in Place of Jarvis Jones Against the Baltimore Ravens
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15zj