Two days after the Pittsburgh area sportswriters handed out their two big awards for the 2013 campaign to Ike Taylor and Le'Veon Bell, it was time for the Pittsburgh Steelers to add another awardee to the 2013 list. Thursday the team announced their 2013 MVP.Antonio Brown their team MVP. This award, voted on by the players marks the second time that this morning. It was the second time Brown has received the honor, also earning it in 2011.
While there could be a case made that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is the team MVP, Brown more than deserves the award. With the season finale ahead, Brown is in the midst of one of the best regular seasons in Steelers' history. To this point, he has already broke Yancey Thigpens' receiving yardage mark with 1,412 yards receiving.
In all, he has 101 receptions for 1,412 yards and eight touchdowns, while adding another 388 yards and a score on 29 punt returns (13.4 YPR). Statistics that place him third in the NFL in both receiving yards and receptions.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Antonio Brown, Football, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Jonathan Dwyer and Antonio Brown Fined for Plays Against the Chicago Bears
- Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
- Pittsburgh Steelers Kicker Shaun Suisham Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week
- Pittsburgh Steelers Place Levi Brown and David Johnson on Injured Reserve
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15zh