This will be a short preparation week for the Pittsburgh Steelers for their regular season finale against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. With the Christmas holiday almost upon us and a mid-week off-day for the team, head coach Mike Tomlin took to the podium a day early for his weekly media festivities.
Playing for touchdowns instead of field goals is the only way this team will win, playing with a banged up defense that is at times barely able to slow teams down. Sunday, was a prime example, as the banged up defense was able to hold its own with only one healthy outside linebacker on the field in the second half after starter Jason Worilds injured his abdomen. Chris Carter, who started for Jarvis Jones (flu), and Stevenson Sylvester played the majority of the second half and flashed some play-making ability.
This week, Tomlin expects both Jones and Worlids to be limited in practice early, but they both may be able to suit up against the Browns. The same can be said for wide receivers Emmanuel Sanders (knee) and Markus Wheaton (broken finger) and linebacker Terence Garvin (knee), who were all injured in the battle against the Packers. Of those three, Sanders sprained lateral meniscus may be the most serious.
There is a possibility that the injuries to Sanders and Wheaton could open the door for fan-favorite Derek Moye to suit up against the Browns. A big receiver (6-5, 210-pounds), Moye has spent the majority of 2013 on the inactive list and has recorded only two receptions for 20 yards and a touchdown in his first NFL regular season action.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sport Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Chris Carter, derek moye, Emmanuel Sanders, Football, Green Bay Packers, Jarvis Jones, Jason Worilds, Markus Wheaton, Mike Tomlin, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers, Stevenson Sylvester, Terence Garvin
- Jason Worilds Likely to Start in Place of Jarvis Jones Against the Baltimore Ravens
- Pittsburgh Steelers List Ramon Foster and Emmanuel Sanders Probable for Their Sunday Battle Against the Clleveland Browns
- Jarvis Jones Expected to Return Against the Oakland Raiders
- Pittsburgh Steelers OLB Jarvis Jones Hospitalized After Chest Injury
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15w9