While the weather here in the Pittsburgh area is comfortably in the mid-fifties with rain, the Pittsburgh Steelers are heading into a much different environment to take on the Green Bay Packers. As they prepare for their snow covered match-up, many fans will be enjoying the spring-like afternoon, wondering if the Steelers really do have a chance at the playoffs.
First off, the Steelers need to win out for any chance at a spot. A slip up against either the Packers this week or Cleveland Browns in the season finale would wash away any chance that could possibly exist. If they hold up their end of the equation, they would still need that miracle.
At this point, the Steelers, Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens, New York Jets and San Diego Chargers all have a chance at the post season. However, even with a win, the Steelers can be eliminated from contention with a Dolphins victory against the Buffalo Bills or a Ravens victory against the New England Patriots. In all, the need the Jets to win out, the Dolphins and Ravens lose out, and the Chargers at best go 1-1 . Again, they need a miracle. Keep that in mind during the game, and realize, no matter what the Steelers do, they have no control over their destiny.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Baltimore Ravens, Football, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers
- Pittsburgh Steelers Keep Their Playoff Hopes Alive by Defeating the Cincinnati Bengals in AFC North Action
- Pittsburgh Steelers Keep Their Playoff Hopes Alive by Defeating the Cleveland Browns in AFC North Action
- Desperate Pittsburgh Steelers Fall Short of a Miracle Comeback
- Pittsburgh Pirates Playoff Buzz Outshines Positive Injury News
- Markus Wheaton and Richard Gordon Out; LaMarr Woodley and Marcus Gilbert Probable for Pittsburgh Steelers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15tn