Friday is always an interesting day across the NFL, as teams release their final injury report before their weekend contests. This week, the Pittsburgh Steelers discovered that they will take on the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, with Matt Flynn not Aaron Rodgers at the helm of the Packers attack. While Flynn is no slouch, he is not Rodgers.Brett Keisel, who had been limited throughout the week.
For Keisel, this is a positive step for the veteran who could possibly be entering the final stages of his career with the Steelers. As the elder statesman of the defensive line, his presence and leadership have been invaluable, even in is disappointing 2013 campaign where he has missed multiple games battling plantar Fasciitis.
Joining Keisel as probable for this match-up against the Packers is nose tackle Steve McLendon (ankle), offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle), tight end Heath Miler, safety Troy Polamalu, and wide receivers Jerricho Cotchery (shoulder) and Emmanuel Sanders (foot). Of those seven players, only Keisel and McLendon missed the Steelers Week 15 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals due to injury.
The Packers have a much different injury situation than the Steelers with three players already declared out. Joining Rodgers on the sidelines will be defensive end Johnny Jolly (shoulder) and tight end Brandon Bostick (foot). They also list defensive end C.J. Wilson (ankle) questionable with defensive tackle Ryan Pickett (knee), linebacker Brad Jones (ankle), running back Eddie Lacy (ankle), defensive end Mike Neal (abdomen) and linebacker Nick Perry (foot) as probable for the match-up.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Aaron Rodgers, Brett Keisel, Football, Green Bay Packers, Marcus Gilbert, Matt Flynn, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers, Steve McLendon
- Pittsburgh Steelers List Brett Keisel, Marcus Gilbert as Probable; LaMarr Woodley Doubtful for Thursdays Battle
- Brett Keisel, LaMarr Woodley, and Ramon Foster All Sit Out Practice as Pittsburgh Steelers Prepare for the Detroit Lions
- Brett Keisel Practices Fully; LaMarr Woodley Limited as Pittsburgh Steelers Continue to Prepare for the Baltimore Ravens
- Pittsburgh Steelers List Ramon Foster and Emmanuel Sanders Probable for Their Sunday Battle Against the Clleveland Browns
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15sr