In what has become a normal happening with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013 another start has gone down to injury. This time, this injury should not be a surprise, as outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley left the Sunday night match-up with the Cincinnati Bengals with a calf injury.
The Steelers, who face another offseason of salary cap turmoil, may have no choice but to release Woodley, as he has not lived up to the contract he signed in 2011 and the team must find a way to bring back Jason Worilds, who has solidified himself at Woodley's left outside linebacker spot. With the drafting of Jarvis Jones in the first round, the Steelers clearly must rid themselves of one outside linebacker and that should be Woodley.
In all, the Steelers defense could look much different in 2014, as veterans such as Woodley, defensive end Brett Keisel and safeties Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark may all be casualties to the offseason purge. With only two weeks left in 2013, fans should take every opportunity to catch them in action for the Black and Gold, as their days are likely numbered.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Tags: Football, Jarvis Jones, Jason Worilds, LaMarr Woodley, NFL, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Brett Keisel Practices Fully; LaMarr Woodley Limited as Pittsburgh Steelers Continue to Prepare for the Baltimore Ravens
- Pittsburgh Steelers List Brett Keisel, Marcus Gilbert as Probable; LaMarr Woodley Doubtful for Thursdays Battle
- Markus Wheaton and Richard Gordon Out; LaMarr Woodley and Marcus Gilbert Probable for Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Steelers List David DeCastro, LaMarr Woodley as Probable; Kelvin Beachum Doubtful for Their Sunday Battle
- Brett Keisel, LaMarr Woodley, and Ramon Foster All Sit Out Practice as Pittsburgh Steelers Prepare for the Detroit Lions
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15n6