The Pittsburgh Steelers have had an interesting week, and a few extra days to heal after their physical battle with their division rivals. Those few extra days appear to be extremely important, as some key players may be able to suit up against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.David DeCastro, Kelvin Beachum and Fernando Velasco, left the field against the Baltimore Ravens, and only one was able to return to the game (DeCastro). When one couples that with the loss of top reserve Mike Adams in that same contest, the Steelers cupboard appeared to be empty.
Fortunately, the Steelers may not be forced to reach into the newly signed depth to take the field against the Dolphins. Yes, untested center Cody Wallace will start in place of Velasco, who was placed on injured reserve, but the team may be in better shape than expected early in the week. According to the injury report both DeCastro and Adams should be available for the game, with only Beachum doubtful at this point. With those two available, that will give the Steelers four linemen with starting experience.
This game, or stretch of games, could be huge for Adams, who was a disappointment early in the season. Sure, he did struggle, but one has to ask, how ready was he to open the season? Adams made an incredible recovery after a stabbing incident cost him a portion of the offseason, but he never seemed to be in sync with the rest of the offensive line early on. Could he be fully recovered and ready to assume the role as the future left tackle? Only time will tell.
The Steelers are also likely to see linebacker LaMarr Woodley return from his calf injury as he too is probable. The biggest questions surrounding Woodley are how many snaps can he log and on which side of the defense? Typically the left outside linebacker, Woodley has taken reps on both sides of the defense this week in practice. It will be interesting to see if he returns to his normal spot, or if Jason Worilds has in some way supplanted him on the left side of the defense.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Pittsburgh Steelers List Brett Keisel, Marcus Gilbert as Probable; LaMarr Woodley Doubtful for Thursdays Battle
- Pittsburgh Steelers List Ramon Foster and Emmanuel Sanders Probable for Their Sunday Battle Against the Clleveland Browns
- Markus Wheaton and Richard Gordon Out; LaMarr Woodley and Marcus Gilbert Probable for Pittsburgh Steelers
- Kelvin Beachum and Kion Wilson are Likely to Start for the Pittsbugh Steelers in Week 2
- Brett Keisel, LaMarr Woodley, and Ramon Foster All Sit Out Practice as Pittsburgh Steelers Prepare for the Detroit Lions
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1520