The Pittsburgh Steelers will line p in Oakland for their Sunday match-up against the Raiders, knowing they will be in for a tough battle. These rivals from the 1970s always play each other tough, making it always a tricky scenario when trying to pick a winner. This season is no different.
While the team seems to be improving every week in some areas, the area that continues to be a struggle is their ability to punch the ball in for touchdowns. Statistically, only the Jacksonville Jaguars punch the ball into the end zone on a lower percentage of the time. Yes, they have a tremendous kicker in Shaun Suisham, but I believe he too would rather line up for extra points instead of field goals.
Fans wonder if this will be the game, the offense puts it all together. For the first time all season, the rushing attack looked formidable against the Baltimore Ravens and opened some play action attempts. Unfortunately, some missed reads, penalties and a couple drops cost the Steelers both first downs and at least one touchdown in that game.
With Le’Veon Bell emerging as a three-down back and the offensive line improving, the offense should continue to develop an identity. However, at this point, it is unclear what type of identity that will be. One thing is certain, if it starts punching the ball into the End Zone, fans will love it.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Will Be Searching for Answers to Depth Questions on Offense Against the Washington Redskins
- Even If Heath Miller Returns, the Pittsburgh Steelers Offense Will Struggle If Todd Haley Does not Find an Identity
- Behind an Inept Offense, the Pittsburgh Steelers Fall to 0-2 to Start the 2013 Season
- Plaxico Burress Could Be a Wildcard for the Pittsburgh Steelers’ Offense in 2013
- Isaac Redman and Felix Jones Could Be Key to the Pittsburgh Steelers Offense in Week 1
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1311