The Pittsburgh Steelers were back at work on Wednesday and saw one player return to practice, rookie linebacker Jarvis Jones. Unfortunately, another rookie, wide receiver Markus Wheaton is still not ready to return from his broken pinkie and has already been listed as out for their Sunday contest against the Oakland Raiders.
With Jones returning, he will likely share time with Jason Worilds against the Raiders, in a similar manner to what was established as a rotation during the first six weeks of the season. While the prized rookie has not set the world on fire, he was making strides in the defense and has been a special team’s standout. Some the staff places a premium on, especially in looking back at the Isaac Redman release.
The Steelers also announced on Wednesday that tight end Heath Miller was named the team's recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award. This annual award is given to a player on each team that has shown courage in fighting back from an injury or event to continue playing football. Miller, who suffered a significant knee injury in December, returned to the active roster during Week 2 of the 2013 season.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Jarvis Jones Misses Practice Due to Undisclosed Head Injury
- Jarvis Jones Diagnosed with a Concussion; Status for Week 7 in Doubt
- Jason Worilds Likely to Start in Place of Jarvis Jones Against the Baltimore Ravens
- Pittsburgh Steelers OLB Jarvis Jones Hospitalized After Chest Injury
- Steelers Sign Three More Draft Picks Including First-Round Selection Jarvis Jones
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12wo