On Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin confirmed what many thought on Sunday afternoon, the Levi Brown ea in Pittsburgh ended before it ever began. Injured during pre-game warm-ups, the Steelers placed Brown on injured reserve before taking one snap with the team.
With Brown out of the picture, the Steelers intend to continue stating Kelvin Beachum at left tackle, at least in the short term, with Adams likely moving into the role as swing tackle off the bench. At this point, there is also no targeted move to boost the offensive line.
Brown was not the only player lost for the season on Tuesday, as the team also placed tight end David Johnson on injured reserve with a wrist injury. Johnson, who is primarily a blocking specialist, had recovered nicely from the ACL injury that cost him the entire 2012 season and was one of the four tight ends that the Steelers rotate.
To take these two roster spots the Steelers signed tight end Richard Gordon and promoted cornerback Isaiah Green to the active roster for a second time in 2013. While Green was promoted primarily for his special teams’ prowess, Gordon was brought in for his skill set, especially in the run game. In all, Gordon saw action in 27 games for the Oakland Raiders recording three receptions and one touchdown, often being used for his abilities as a run blocker.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Complete Trade for Offensive Tackle Levi Brown
- Pittsburgh Steelers Place Tight End Matt Spaeth on Injured Reserve-Designated; Promote Linebacker Terence Garvin
- Pittsburgh Steelers Place Plaxico Burress on Injured Reserve; Sign Undrafted Rookie Wide Receiver
- Pittsburgh Steelers Activate Tight End David Johnson; Await Second Opinion on Le’Veon Bell
- Fullback Will Johnson Could Give the Pittsburgh Steelers a Red Zone Boost
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12l2