The Pittsburgh Steelers continued preparations for the Tennessee Titans on Wednesday with only one player ruled out for the week, running back Le’Veon Bell. However, it is unlikely that Heath Miller (knee) will be ready to go after being activated from the PUP list on Saturday. Miller is practicing on a limited scale, but it would be a shock to see him active Week 1.Will Johnson (hamstring) and linebacker Jarvis Jones (chest). Of those two, Johnson would be the biggest concern. Hamstring injuries can often linger longer than many expect if he is rushed. His loss will also influence rotations, as it could force the Steelers to use offensive lineman Kelvin Beachum to play more of a tight end role at times on offense and have tight end David Johnson move back into an H-back / fullback role.
Yes, Jones was limited, but he should be ready to roll on Sunday. Head coach Mike Tomlin stated during his press conference that Jones would play a number of snaps on defense against the Titans, and unless he suffers a setback, he should be available at kickoff.
The Steelers also made another roster move on Wednesday, when they re-signed recently released cornerback Isaiah Green to the practice squad. To make room for Green, the team released cornerback Devin Smith. For Green, this move will hopefully help ease the disappointment he had to feel after earning a spot and than losing it the next day when the special teams’ warrior Antwon Blake was claimed off waivers.
For the speedster Green, who earned the position with his coverage ability, he should be able to continue to grow as a cornerback, and possibly improve his special teams’ prowess while taking reps on the practice squad. Yes, this is not the start of the 2013 campaign he may have hoped for, but he is one injury away to being right back where he belongs.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Eight to Practice Squad; Sign Veteran Offensive Lineman
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Cornerback and Tight End, Release Two Undrafted Rookie Free Agents
- Pittsburgh Steelers Have a Physical First Training Camp Practice in Pads
- Pittsburgh Steelers Activate Alameda Ta’amu from PUP List; Lose Cornerback to Ankle Injury
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Punter Zoltan Mesko; Make Two Roster Moves
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/108f