The Pittsburgh Steelers returned to practice Wednesday, starting preps for their Saturday tilt against the Kansas City Chiefs. Unfortunately, this return to the field was met with mixed injury information.
If Bell is out for that extended period, running backs Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer and Larod Stephens-Howling would likely hold down the fort as the running back corps until he returns. This injury could potentially also open the door for running back Baron Batch to make the roster, especially if he can recover from his stinger and show some special teams prowess in the last two preseason games.
The team did receive some positive news on Wednesday as tight end David Johnson was activated from the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. The former seventh round selection was back on the field for the first time since tearing his ACL during the 2012 preseason.
With Johnson back, the Steelers now have another option at tight end behind David Paulson, while the team awaits the return of Pro Bowl tight end Heath Miller from his knee injury. In fact, his return may compliment Paulson in the same manner that veteran Matt Spaeth would have had he not suffered a foot injury early in camp, as an in-line blocker.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
Fantasy sports should be fun, but you still need to satisfy your competitive drive. Whether you're tired of being locked into the same team for the entire season, need some extra action or you're a casual fan looking to test the waters, FightClub can supply your fantasy fix. Matchup with other fans or maybe even the Sports Media 101 experts for a chance to make some extra money. Can you handle FightClub?
- Pittsburgh Steelers Reportedly Dodge Injury Bullet with Running Back Le’Veon Bell
- Le’Veon Bell a Late Scratch for Pittsburgh Steelers Opener
- Pittsburgh Steelers Rookie Le’Veon Bell Has the Best Chance to Start as a Rookie
- Le’Veon Bell and Isaac Redman Leave Practice Early Due to Injury
- Pittsburgh Steelers See Tight End Matt Spaeth Go Down to an Undisclosed Injury
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zgg