The Pittsburgh Steelers had their CBA mandated off day on Tuesday prior and will return to practice Wednesday for a short week of work. The Steelers will look to bounce back from a second uneven preseason performance against the Washington Redskins, when they take on the Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday.Ed Bouchette reported on 93.7 The Fan that the foot injury suffered by Le’Veon Bell does not appear to be as serious as the foot injury suffered by tight end Matt Spaeth early in training camp. Although Bell needs work, especially if he is going to make any type of impact in 2013, it is doubtful that the rookie running back will see action during the remainder of the preseason.
The biggest concern for the Steelers this week, besides health, should be the poor play by the first team offense, especially the offensive line. Against the Redskins, the line more than struggled, accounting for multiple drive killing penalties and sub par pass protection. In this all-important third preseason contest, the offense must get on track and create some consistency, as it is likely that many starters will be seeing their final action of preseason against the Chiefs.
This match-up against the Chiefs will also be important for many young players as the first round of cuts comes early next week. At this point, after two sloppy performances, the list of players slated for release is coming into focus. Although, there are roster spots that may still be up for grabs, players are running out of time in an attempt to seize them.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.
- Le’Veon Bell and Isaac Redman Leave Practice Early Due to Injury
- Le’Veon Bell a Late Scratch for Pittsburgh Steelers Opener
- Pittsburgh Steelers Rookie Le’Veon Bell Has the Best Chance to Start as a Rookie
- Rookies Le’Veon Bell and Markus Wheaton to Be Impact Players as Rookies for the Pittsburgh Steelers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ze3