As the playoffs drag on in this lull before the Super Bowl between the San Francisco 49ers and the hated Baltimore Ravens, many Pittsburgh Steelers fans are already fixated on the NFL Draft. This is for good reason, this draft will be critical for the Steelers, as they have many needs and no money under the salary cap to attack them any other way.Tavon Austin from West Virginia or Keenan Allen from Cal, there is a chance they could take the best player available regardless of position. With so many holes and limited cap space, any position could be on the table.
One player that could be interesting if he is available is offensive guard Chance Warmack from Alabama, if they decide they want to continue to build their offensive line. Warmack has been a standout for the Crimson Tide and would look good at left guard for the Steelers, giving them potentially one of the best interior lines in the NFL joining All Pro center Maurkice Pouncey and rookie right guard David DeCastro.
The 6-3, 320-pound road grater is at this point, the top rated guard in the draft, and has looked good in both the run and pass game at Alabama. In fact, he is a dominant run blocker, something that the Steelers could use to give their floundering rushing attack a boost even if they make no changes this offseason other than allowing Rashard Mendenhall to leave as expected.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Why is It All Quiet on the Search for the New Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Line Coach?
- Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Line Leading Resurgent Rushing Attack
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p7x