The more fans dissect the Pittsburgh Steelers roster heading to the offseason, the amount of holes in it are incredible. Not only will they potentially be looking at wide receiver, safety, outside linebacker, offensive line, and running back, positions such as inside linebacker and quarterback will also be on the table. Honestly, there is so much need and nowhere near enough draft choices or salary cap room to make it happen.
Yesterday, Steelers 101 projected a safety that would look good with the selection at number 17. Today, we present an inside linebacker that could make an impact, Arthur Brown from Kansas State. Inside linebacker may be more important moving forward than any other position, as no one knows what the future has in store for Sean Spence after his devastating pre season injury, and all of the other players except Lawrence Timmons are free agents this offseason (restricted and unrestricted).
Brown (6-1, 228-pounds) may not have the prototypical size but he is a playmaker. He boasts a solid combination of athleticism, explosiveness and has outstanding instincts allowing him to make plays against both the run and pass. More importantly, he plays with an innate feel and a nasty streak that would be perfect next to Timmons.
Of course, many fans will jump on the Steelers for passing on Notre Dame standout Manti Te’o, but Brown may be a better long-term prospect.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- With the 17th Selection in the NFL Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers Select…
- Pittsburgh Steelers to Select Number 17 in the 2013 NFL Draft
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p1g