The Pittsburgh Steelers continue to add potential depth to their roster as they take advantage of more Reserve / Futures Contracts. Today, they added a familiar face to the list.Justin King, who the Steelers signed late in 2012 after a rash of injuries, was inked to a one-year day today. The former Gateway High School standout and Penn State cornerback will enter the offseason with his hometown team.
After playing both offense and defense in Happy Valley, King entered the NFL Draft, where the St Louis Rams selected him in the fourth round of the 2008 draft. In all, he spent four season with the Rams (playing three), with 19 starts in 35 games.
After departing the Rams, he signed with the Indianapolis Colts in 2012, and opening the season on their active roster prior to being released in Week 5. King did not suit up for the Steelers in his short stint with the team.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebookand to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebookand to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandyrelief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Linebacker Kion Wilson to Reserve / Futures Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Six Players to Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Add Two More Players to Roster with Reserve / Futures Contracts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Number One Offseason Priority Should Be Cornerback Keenan Lewis
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/own