Days after the Pittsburgh Steelers watched all of their playoff hopes disappear after a 13-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, the Steelers made a few roster moves to take care of some injury situations. This occurred when the team placed three on injured reserve including two starters.Heath Miller, cornerback Ike Taylor and running back Baron Batch on injured reserve ending their 2012 campaign. For Batch and Miller, those injuries came in the loss to the Bengals, Taylor had been sidelined since injuring his ankle against the Baltimore Ravens.
While Taylor is recovering well from his broken ankle, Batch will be undergoing some similar therapy after fracturing his arm. The diminutive back was used sparingly on offense during 2012 after missing 2011 with a torn ACL. In all, he accounted for 25 carries for 49 yards and one touchdown.
Miller suffered a significant knee injury against the Bengals that will require reconstructive surgery on his knee, and will undergo the procedure on his ACL, MCL and possibly PCL. This injury will end possibly his best season with the team, where he recorded 71 receptions for 816 yards and eight touchdowns.
After making these three moves, the Steelers promoted three players from the practice squad to fill the void. These players’ tight end Jamie McCoy, safety Damon Cromartie-Smith and linebacker Marshall McFadden will likely see action on Sunday in the season finale against the Cleveland Browns.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebookand to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebookand to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandyrelief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Battered Pittsburgh Steelers Activate David DeCastro, Place Marcus Gilbert on Injured Reserve
- Pittsburgh Steelers Welcome New Faces and Starters to the Practice Field
- Pittsburgh Steelers Need Injured Safety Ryan Clark Against the New York Giants
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/o90