The Pittsburgh Steelers are coming off two disappointing losses against the San Diego Chargers and Dallas Cowboys. Now, they must bring all hands on deck, in this must-win match-up against their division rival Cincinnati Bengals.Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman must be utilized in this game plan. In the first battle between these two, Dwyer had a huge game and helped the Steelers pull out a victory and they should be a factor as they try to ensure quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can stay protected this week behind a redesigned offensive line.
With Roethlisberger continuing to round back into shape, a balanced attack could go a long way at pulling out a victory Sunday afternoon. He could also use a decent week from his wide receiving corps, although they were better against the Cowboys, they did have some critical drops and some fumbles that hurt the team. The team also seemed to get away from tight end Heath Miller as the game wore on.
The patchwork offensive line played better against the Cowboys and looks to improve with a second week together. Rookie David DeCastro, who made his first start at right guard, played well in his debut and looks to solidify his spot moving forward. Ramon Foster also played well at left guard in place of Willie Colon. Regardless of the outcome of the season, the offensive line looks to be solid for seasons to come.
Defensively, the loss of Ike Taylor (Ankle) and Cortez Allen (Groin) seemed to hurt the Steelers quite a bit Sunday, especially on third down where the failed to get off the field. Allen seems poised to return this week and start opposite Keenan Lewis, something that could go a long way at keeping the Bengals offense in check.
Going into Sunday, starters cornerback Taylor (Ankle) and offensive tackle Mike Adams (Ankle) will likely be inactive.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Look to Bounce Back Against the Dallas Cowboys
- Pittsburgh Steelers Will Not Have Ike Taylor Back Against the Cincinnati Bengals
- Pittsburgh Steelers Look to Bounce Back Against the Baltimore Ravens
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/o5k