The Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens are caught up in a physical AFC North match-up. At halftime, the Ravens lead the Steelers 13-6.Charlie Batch at the helm. Mixing run and pass, the 11-play 48-yard drive took over five minutes off the clock, culminating in a Shaun Suisham 46-yard field goal to put the Steelers in front 3-0.
The Ravens offense finally got in gear, moved the ball into Steelers territory, and drew even on the scoreboard. Justin Tucker capped the 10-play 40-yard drive with a 45-yard field goal, to make it 3-3 in the second quarter. After a three-and-out, the Ravens offense took the ball over in solid field position, took advantage of a 30-yard pass interference call to tack on another three points, with Tucker connecting from 23-yards to make the score 6-3 Baltimore.
After Antonio Brown throws an interception on a fake end-around, the Ravens quickly move the ball downfield, aided by a questionable defensive holding on a third down, and extend the score again. On the deciding play, Joe Flacco connected with Anquan Bolding to make the score 13-3 with three minutes remaining in the first half.
The Steelers were able to put a drive together late in the first half, with Suisham capping the 37-yard drive with a 41-yard field goal to move the score to 13-6.
Offensively, the Steelers have struggled with consistency in all phases. In the assign game, Charlie Batch has completed 9-of-16 for 57-yards, but missed a couple of wide-open throws that the team needed. Mike Wallace also continued his trend of dropping passes, which does not help in critical match-ups. Jonathan Dwyer has eight carried for 29 yards to pace the rushing attack.
Injuries continue to mount for the Steelers, who lost another starter early in the contest. This time, cornerback Ike Taylor injured his ankle on the first series and will not return, being seen on the sideline in a walking boot.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relie
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Baltimore Ravens Head to Halftime Leading the Pittsburgh Steelers 10-7
- Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs Head to Halftime Tied at 10
- Battered Pittsburgh Steelers Fall to the Baltimore Ravens in AFC North Action
- Pittsburgh Steelers Lead the Washington Redskins 20-6 at Halftime
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nfm