There are no secrets that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a beat up team, with injuries all over the depth chart causing extreme measures to be taken at multiple positions. In some cases, questions remain to exactly what players will be available to suit up against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.Ben Roethlisberger will suit up. As of right now, Charlie Batch is the starting quarterback for Sunday, but Roethlisberger is still holding out hold that his injured shoulder will allow him to play.
At this point, his availability for the game would seem like a long shot, as he has not truly tested his arm strength and has done very little in his limited activities at practice. There is no doubt that the Pro Bowl quarterback wants to take the field, but, unlike seasons past, he may be playing it safer in preparation for potential long-term gain.
While Roethlisberger is a question mark, two Pro Bowl players seem poised for a return to the field. Wide receiver Antonio Brown (Ankle) and safety Troy Polamalu (Calf) have practiced this week and seem like good bets to suit up on Sunday. Although, at this point, Polamalu is much less of a certainty, undergoing treatment every day this week after practice.
One former Pro Bowler who will likely not suit up is linebacker LaMarr Woodley who injured his ankle against the Cleveland Browns. With Woodley presumably out, Jason Worilds will have a chance to back up his impressive outing last week in relied. Against the Browns, Worilds played what is possibly his best and most complete game for the Steelers and is now the team leader with five sacks. This is a big step for the 2010 second round selection, who many fans viewed as a bust prior to the 2012 campaign.
One of the biggest question marks going into the game is the offensive line, as two starters appear to be long shots to play. Mike Adams (Ankle) is out, and guard Willie Colon (Knee), have not practiced this week and their absence is causing flux within the unit. Kelvin Beachum is penciled in at right tackle for Adams, but the left guard is more fluid, as it appears that center Maurkice Pouncey will move over to guard and Doug Legursky will slide to center.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Shake-Up Depth Chart After Their Dismal Performance Against the Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers Look to Continue Their Winning Ways Against the Baltimore Ravens
- Fans Should Remember That Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Byron Leftwich is not Only a Leader, He Can Lead Them to Victory Over the Baltimore Ravens
- Baltimore Ravens Head to Halftime Leading the Pittsburgh Steelers 10-7
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nc3