It seems as though all of the news surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers week has focused on the injury to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and now his replacement Byron Leftwich. While that story may in fact lead to the downfall of the 2012 Steelers if Big Ben cannot return and Leftwich struggles, that is far from a foregone conclusion
Yes, he is not Roethlisberger and the offense may not be as effective early on, but if the Steelers can generate any type of running game, they not only have a shot this week against the Baltimore Ravens, their chances for a successful 2012 will keep improving. On that note, it appears that the entire stable of running backs may be back for their Sunday night match-up, as Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) looks to be ready to return action.
In other injury news, the team today placed linebacker Chris Carter on the injured reserve list with an abdominal injury. The second-year linebacker, who stepped up early in the season in the absence of veteran James Harrison and made three starts, will be replaced on the roster by practice squad linebacker Marshall McFadden.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Rule Out Ben Roethlisberger; Byron Leftwich to Start
- Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Questionable with a Sprained Shoulder
- New York Giants Lead the Pittsburgh Steelers 14-10 at Halftime
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mue