It will definitely be a case of “Next Man Up” for the Pittsburgh Steelers in their game against the New York Giants, as the team will be extremely thin at running back. With this important game at hand, the Steelers will be without both Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) and Jonathan Dwyer (Quad) as they take on the Giants.inactive list after being listed as doubtful on Friday, the Steelers may be forced to go with larger than usual doses of Chris Rainey, with both Isaac Redman (Ankles) and Baron Batch (Shin) battling injuries throughout the week. This could be a challenge as Rainey’s smallish size may not allow him to carry a large workload.
The other players joining Mendenhall and Dwyer on the sideline Sunday are not much of a surprise. Safety Troy Polamalu (Calf), tackle Marcus Gilbert (Foot) and linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (Hamstring) will be out due to injuries. Quarterback Charlie Batch and recently re-instated nose tackle Alameda Ta’amu will be inactive as coaches decisions.
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebook and to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Pittsburgh Steelers Face Injury and Travel Challenges in Preparation for the New York Giants
- Pittsburgh Steelers Look to Continue Their Winning Ways Against the New York Giants
- Pittsburgh Steelers Vs. New York Giants: Giants Insider Report
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/meg