Keller, a pitcher who was taken with the No. 64 pick in the draft, will receive a $1 million signing bonus from the team, which is higher than the assigned value of $866,800 for the pick.
A right-hander from Xavier High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Keller is the second of the Pirates' top picks to sign. Cole Tucker, a shortstop taken with the 24th pick in the draft, agreed to a deal that included a $1.8 million signing bonus on Monday.
- Pittsburgh Pirates to Sign First-round Pick Cole Tucker
- Pittsburgh Pirates Trade Reliever Bryan Morris to Miami Marlins for 39th Overall Pick
- Taking a Look at the Pittsburgh Pirates’ Thursday Selections
- Don’t Blame A.J. Burnett for Leaving the Pittsburgh Pirates
- A.J. Burnett Explains Decision to Leave, Reminisces Over Time with Pittsburgh Pirates
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bz7