The long awaited day has finally arrived. Gregory Polanco, the Pirates top prospect, is making his debut Tuesday night against the Chicago Cubs. He was first recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis after Neil Walker hit the 15-day disabled list due to his appendectomy.
Polanco was enjoying a great Triple-A season, particularly for someone at the ripe young age of 22. He was hitting .347 with seven home runs, 49 RBI and a .945 OPS at the time of his promotion,
Fans will be looking for the Dominican outfielder to help propel the team back into a playoff spot. The Pirates are currently 30-33, 7 1/2 games back in the National League Central and 3 games back of the final Wild Card spot.
Polanco will bat second in his inaugural game, as the Pirates face Cubs lefty Travis Wood. Polanco is the only left-hander in the lineup that will be without Walker, Pedro Alvarez and Ike Davis.
1. Josh Harrison 3B
2. Gregory Polanco RF
3. Andrew McCutchen CF
4. Gaby Sanchez 1B
5. Russell Martin C
6. Starling Marte LF
7. Jordy Mercer SS
8. Clint Barmes 2B
9. Francisco Liriano P
- Pittsburgh Pirates Stick with Story; Gregory Polanco not Getting the Call Friday
- Pittsburgh Pirates Option Top Prospect Gregory Polanco to Indianapolis
- Pittsburgh Pirates’ Prospect Profile: Gregory Polanco
- Gregory Polanco in Historic Territory with Off-the-Chart Triple-A Season at Age 22
- Chicago Cubs Sign Former Pittsburgh Pirates’ Pitcher James McDonald
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bwu