Against Saturday's starter David Phelps, only Ike Davis has an at-bat against the right-hander in his career, going 1-for-1 with a two-run single.
Kuroda is the starter who has the most experience against the Pirates from his days with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Kuroda has had 55 plate appearances against Pirates' hitters, owning a .234/.345/.383/.728 slash line. Davis, Andrew McCutchen and Clint Barmes have the most experience against the foreign import.
Davis is just 2-for-11 against Kuroda, but the two hits were a double and a home run. Neil Walker is 2-for-3 with a double, and Gaby Sanchez is 2-for-8 with a pair of doubles.
Against the Yankees' relief corps, the Pirates have found very little success. Pirates' batters are 0-for-5 against left-hander Matt Thornton and 0-for-6 against closer David Robertson. However, against Alfredo Aceves, Travis Snider is 3-for-5 with three doubles.
- Gregory Polanco Homers as Pittsburgh Pirates Beat New York Yankees for Second Consecutive Day
- Tony Sanchez’s Hot Start Continues Vs. New York Yankees
- Pittsburgh Pirates Trade for New York Mets’ First Baseman Ike Davis
- Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Failing Early and Often
- Pittsburgh Pirates’ Pitching Coach Ray Searage Expects A.J. Burnett to Retire
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b3r