The Pittsburgh Pirates will be looking to clinch a third consecutive series win as they host the St. Louis Cardinals Saturday in the second of a three-game weekend series. However, they will be attempting to do so without Andrew McCutchen, who has apparently been given the night off as the team gave no indication of any injury to last season's National League MVP.
The Pirates will start Jose Tabata in left, with Starling Marte shifting over to center taking over for McCutchen. Josh Harrison will play right.
Pittsburgh's lineup looks as such:
2B: Neil Walker
3B: Pedro Alvarez
1B: Ike Davis
C: Tony Sanchez
SS: Jordy Mercer
Harrison, Walker, Marte and Davis have been raking of recent, posting OPS' over 1.000 within the past week. Tabata was a catalyst in Friday's 6-4 victory, notching two hits while scoring a pair of runs and laying down a perfect sacrifice before Walker hit a three-run bomb in the eighth off of a Christian Martinez curveball.
Lance Lynn, the Cardinals starter Saturday, has very mediocre numbers against the Pirates. Marte and Alvarez both have posted OPS numbers above 1.000 against Lynn, while Tabata owns a career .385 average. The St. Louis right-hander actually has his best numbers against McCutchen, the likely reason Clint Hurdle decided to give him Saturday off.
- Comparing Pittsburgh Pirates’ Gerrit Cole and St. Louis Cardinals’ Shelby Miller
- Edinson Volquez Tosses Gem, Leads Pittsburgh Pirates Over St. Louis Cardinals
- Pittsburgh Pirates’ Francisco Liriano Leaves Start Vs. St. Louis Cardinals Suffering Flu-Like Symptoms and Dizziness
- Andrew McCutchen, Travis Snider and Chris Dickerson Off to Scorching Starts This Spring for the Pittsburgh Pirates
- Pittsburgh Pirates’ Potential Lineup Combinations After Acquisition of Ike Davis
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1aw2