The offseason addition of Chris Stewart meant the almost certain demotion of Tony Sanchez to Triple-A Indianapolis at the end of Spring Training.
Earlier Tuesday, Sanchez made a statement that he is not making any early travel arrangements for Central Indiana.
Sanchez went 2-for-3 with a double and a three run homer, both to the opposite field, for the Gold squad in a 4-3 victory over the Black team. Sanchez has made a concerned effort to use hit the opposite way regularly.
“It’s something that he’s well aware of, and he took a big step in the right direction maturing as a hitter last year in Triple-A,” Hurdle said. “He was actually able to bring that focus and that approach with him. Just continuing to stay on it. Today it played out well for him again.”
Andrew Lambo singled, walked and scored twice as well for the Gold team, which featured players such as Josh Harrison, Jaff Decker and Jose Tabata.
Travis Ishikawa was lifted after one inning with an injury for the Black team, which featured Chris Dickerson, Alen Hanson and Gregory Polanco.
The Pirates return to action Wednesday as they take on the New York Yankees at McKechnie Field.
Information compiled from Pirates.com and Pirates Prospects.
- Gaby Sanchez: Pittsburgh Pirates Everyday First Baseman?
- Pittsburgh Pirates Spring Training Preview: Third Base Platoon Between Pedro Alvarez and Gaby Sanchez?
- Pittsburgh Pirates’ Spring Training Preview: Catcher
- Predicting the Pittsburgh Pirates’ Opening Day Roster
- FightClub.com, Now the Official Fantasy Football Game of Sports Media 101; Sign-Up Free, Win Big
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18mn