[Sean Kilpatrick/The Canadian Press]
Wednesday was a really difficult day for Pittsburgh fans on all fronts. The Pirates lost starting pitcher A.J. Burnett to the Philadelphia Phillies, the Pitt Panthers were in perfect shape to upset undefeated Syracuse on the hardwood before Tyler Ennis hit a game-winning 35-footer at the buzzer, and while Pascal Dupuis underwent successful surgery to repair a torn ACL, it was just another reminder that he will be out for the entire regular season and playoffs.
Dupuis underwent surgery seven weeks after suffering the injury during a 5-0 loss against the Ottawa Senators on December 23.
Penguins Executive Vice President and General Manager Ray Shero announced the news Wednesday afternoon via the team's website.
He is expected to be healthy for the start of the 2014-15 season. We at Penguins 101 would like to wish Dupuis our best wishes and a fast recovery.
- Pascal Dupuis Jots His Name on the Pittsburgh Penguins Injured List
- Pittsburgh Penguins Need Pascal Dupuis to Shake Off the Rust
- The Pittsburgh Penguins’ Options for Pascal Dupuis Injury Fallout
- Rob Scuderi’s Ankle Surgery Will Sideline Him 6-8 Weeks
- Pittsburgh Penguins Update Pascal Dupuis’s Injury & It Ain’t Good; Plus Several Pens Return to the Lineup
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1879