The Philadelphia Phillies made a few personnel moves following a 9-1 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday. Former Cleveland Indians and Boston Red Sox center fielder Grady Sizemore’s contract was purchased from Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Sizemore will join the Phillies for their three-game series against the Washington Nationals before the All-Star break.
To make room for Sizemore, the Phillies sent starting pitcher David Buchanan to Lehigh Valley. The move means Buchanan will have an opportunity to start during the break and stay fresh. The Phillies will likely recall him later in the month when they need a fifth starter.
In order to make room on the 40-man roster, Cliff Lee was sent to the 60-day disabled list. Lee is expected to be removed from the 60-day list for the weekend series against the Atlanta Braves following the All-Star break. There is no word on who will be removed from the roster to make room for Lee when that time comes.Tags: Baseball, MLB, Philadelphia, Philadelphia Phillies
- Grady Sizemore Signs Minor League Deal with Philadelphia Phillies; Other Transactions
- Cliff Lee to Throw Rehab Start at Class a Clearwater; Transaction Wrap-Up
- Series Preview: Philadelphia Phillies Host Atlanta Braves; Carlos Ruiz to the Concussion Disable List
- Gameday: Philadelphia Phillies Dominated by Edinson Volquez and Pittsburgh Pirates in Second Straight Loss
- Philadelphia Phillies Complete Four Game Sweep of Milwaukee Brewers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1d2g