The 2014 American League and National League All-Star teams will be unveiled on the ESPN All-Star Selection Show at 7:00pm ET on Sunday July 6th. Fans can continue to vote for their favorite players until 11:59pm on July 3rd.
The A.L. All-Star team will have nine elected starters via the fan voting, while the N.L. All-Star team will have eight fan-selected players. The pitchers and benches for each team – 25 for the N.L. and 24 for the A.L. – will be determined by the “Player Ballot” and the All-Star Managers – N.L. manager Mike Matheny of the St. Louis Cardinals and A.L. manager John Farrell of the Boston Red Sox.
Chase Utley is likely the only Philadelphia Phillies player that will appear in the All-Star game. There is an outside chance that some of the relievers that have been pitching the lights out for the Phillies will be selected by the N.L. manager.
- Philadelphia Phillies Squander Cliff Lee Complete Game, Blanked by Atlanta Braves 1-0
- Philadelphia Phillies Lose Game 1 to Atlanta Braves; a Look Ahead to Doubleheader Saturday
- Grady Sizemore Signs Minor League Deal with Philadelphia Phillies; Other Transactions
- Cliff Lee to Throw Bullpen Session; Mike Adams Update; Tony Gwynn Jr. to Return
- Former Philadelphia Phillies Manager Charlie Manager Accepts Front-Office Position with Team
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ckx