The Philadelphia Phillies have officially signed Cuban pitcher Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez to a three year, $12 million deal. The signing was announced this afternoon during their win over the Chicago Cubs.
Gonzalez, 26, is a Cuban defectee who has a mid to upper 90's fastball. Gonzalez could replace Roy Halladay or Kyle Kendrick in the Phillies' rotation if either of those pitchers is not re-signed in the offseason.
A spot on the Phillies' 40-man roster has already been freed up for Gonzalez. The team has transferred John Lannan to the 60-day disabled list, which frees up a spot on the 40-man roster for Gonzalez.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Philadelphia Phillies Fall to Chicago Cubs, Sign Chase Utley to Contract Extension
- BREAKING: Roy Halladay Activated from Disabled List, Will Start for Philadelphia Phillies on Sunday
- Philadelphia Phillies Miscellaneous News and Injury Updates
- Roy Halladay Makes First Rehab Start, Goes Six Innings, Allows Three Runs
- Philadelphia Phillies’ Left Fielder Domonic Brown Returns to Lineup, Collects 2 RBI In Win
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zyj